TitlePostdoctoral Research Associate I - Division of Pulmonary
LocationUniversity of Arizona Health Sciences
The Department of Medicine at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is seeking a Postdoctoral fellow to perform pulmonary research in the field of asthma and allergic airways disease. The laboratory studies genetic variants of surfactant protein A and their immunomodulatory effects on airway epithelial cell inflammation. Additionally, the lab aims to identify IL-13 derived mechanisms that result in airway remodeling through dysfunctional regulation and deposition of matrix proteins.
The selected candidate will preferably have experience in the field of pulmonary research and have a strong repertoire of laboratory skills with special emphasis on molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, and mouse model techniques. A combination of patient-derived human cells and allergic mouse models are employed for the studies and competency in both areas is preferred. The incumbent will be expected to perform independent research, publish in scientific journals, apply for external grant funding, and present original work at scientific conferences. The lab has several collaborations both within and external to the university, and the selected candidate should have good communication skills and be comfortable working individually and in a team atmosphere.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. has been listed by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and relocation services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute experimental designs relevant to the current aims of the laboratory.
- Organize, analyze and format collected data for presentation to the Principle Investigator.
- Perform a variety of scientific techniques and duties including, but not limited to: mammalian cell culture, qPCR, gene silencing, ELISA, western blotting, agarose gel electrophoresis, IHC and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Apply for internal/external grant funding .
- Publish original work in peer-reviewed journals and present data at scientific conferences.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on scientific literature relevant to the interests of the laboratory.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrate track record of ability to drive projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess skills of integrity, perseverance, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work in the laboratory setting and generate reliable data.
- Ph.D. in the area of biology, chemistry, or a relevant scientific field.
- At least four years experience in the field of mammalian cell culture or mouse model techniques.
Full Time/Part TimeFull Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week40
Job CategoryPostdoctoral Research
Benefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay$47,659 Annually
Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Detail Information
Number of VacanciesOne
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Limited to Current UA EmployeesNo
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until FilledYes
Review Begins On02/12/2018
Special Instructions to Applicant
At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Quick Link for Internal Postings
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?