See more jobs like this
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Postdoctoral Fellowship | Cancer Biology | Wenyong Chen Lab
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available at the Department of Cancer Biology, Beckman Research Institute at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow interested in studying aging and cancer. Our lab is interested in studying genetic and epigenetic alterations during aging of normal hematopoietic stem cells and in leukemia stem cells that lead to genomic instability, leukemia development and drug resistance. The lab utilizes bone marrow transplantation and genetic knockout mouse models, stem cell biology, and molecular and imaging techniques to study hematopoietic/leukemic stem cells, and molecular regulation of genomic instability. The outstanding candidate, particularly with minority background, may also be eligible for NIH T32 postdoctoral training fellowship in the DNA-damage-response-and-oncogenic-signaling program.
The ideal candidate is expected to have extensive experience in molecular biology and cell biology. Experience with hematology and rodent models preferred. The candidate should be self-motivated, with a proven track record of productivity. To apply, please send a cover letter stating your research interests and experience along with a curriculum vitae and the names of three references to Dr. WenYong Chen: .
Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Stem Cell Biology or related fields.
* Strong interest in aging and cancer biology.
* Extensive experience with basic molecular and cell biology skills.
* Experience in hematology and handling animal models preferred.
* Experience with epigenetic techniques preferred.
* Experience with tissue collection, histology and immunohistochemistry.
* Experience with cell culture, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, and cell-sorting.
* Strong work ethic.
* Good problem solving skills and passion to follow relevant literature.
* Ability to conduct independent research.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Evidence of productivity reflected in first author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Duarte, California, United States of America
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
8/9/2018 7:48:14 AM