See more jobs like this
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Postdoctoral scientist, Muschen Laboratory
Department of Systems Biology, Beckman Research Institute
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Our group is interested in comparative analyses of normal lymphocyte development and malignant transformation towards leukemia. We cover research areas with relevance to both Immunology, Hematology and Cancer Biology. Our research involves experiments with primary human leukemia cells, leukemia and stem cell transplantation models, mouse genetics, classical molecular and cell biology, a strong emphasis on signal transduction and large-scale data analysis and computational biology.
Your application should include in one single PDF:
CV, brief motivation statement, coordinates of three scientific mentors (references)
Flow cytometry, mass spectrometry/quantitative phospho-profiling, CyTOF, mouse genetics, bone marrow transplantation assays, retroviral gene delivery, whole exome sequencing andRNA-seq-analysis of clonal evolution of leukemia, pre-clinical drug testing in xenotransplantation models.
Examples of recent work:
* Duy C, Hurtz C, Shojaee S ( ) BCL6 enables Ph acute lymphoblastic leukaemia cells to survive BCR-ABL1 kinase inhibition. 485: 384-388 (2012)
* Swaminathan S, Huang C, Geng H ( ) . BACH2 mediates negative selection and p53-dependent tumor suppression at the pre-B cell receptor checkpoint. . 19: 1 (2013)
* Shojaee S, Caeser R, Buchner M ( ) . Erk negative feedback control enables pre-B cell transformation and represents a therapeutic target in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 28:114-128 (2015)
* Geng H, Hurtz C, Lenz KB ( ) . Self-enforcing feedback activation between BCL6 and pre-B cell receptor signaling defines a distinct subtype of acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 27: 409-425 (2015)
* Chen Z, Shojaee S, Buchner M ( ) . Signaling thresholds and negative B-cell selection in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. . 521:357-361 (2015).
* Swaminathan S, Klemm L, ( ) . Mechanisms of clonal evolution in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 16: 766-774 (2016)
* Shojaee S, Chan LN, Buchner B ( ) . PTEN is essential for oncogenic transformation of pre-B cells. 22: 379-387 (2016)
* Chan LN, Chen Z, Braas D ( ) . Metabolic gatekeeper function of B-lymphoid transcription factors. 542: 479-483 (2017)
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* PhD in cell or molecular biology, genuine enthusiasm for science, willingness to think beyond established concepts and to try and learn new experimental and analysis tools. The lab takes a team science approach, so being a nice person and enjoyable to work with is important as well.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Monrovia, California, United States of America
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
8/9/2018 7:39:55 AM