Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Computer Vision (PhD University Grad)Research | Sausalito, CA
Oculus Research is looking for innovative researchers with a passion for developing real-time computer vision systems to take human computer interaction to the next level in our research location in Sausalito, CA. The focus of this role is on computer vision, machine learning and physically-based modeling as applied to tracking hand pose and interactions with real and virtual objects. The position is a fixed term contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in computer science, robotics, computer engineering, or similar areas, and a strong background in modeling, analysis, and system building.
* Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance hand and body tracking
* Develop new advanced technologies related to tracking deformable or articulated objects, 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection, and appearance modeling
* Collaborate with other researchers, software and hardware engineers, and 3D artists to develop experiments and concepts that advance the entire project
* Mentor MS/PhD interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals
* Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences
* PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer vision, machine learning, computer graphics, robotics or similar
* 3 years experience with computer vision – specifically real-time tracking (e.g. of objects, hands, bodies, faces) or 3D reconstruction
* 2 years experience with system building in C , including evaluation design
* A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
* Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
* Able to obtain work authorization in the US for a two-year period beginning in 2017
* 2 years experience with convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks
* Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.