Massachusetts General Hospital
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
A Post-doctoral position is available immediately for a highly motivated candidate with a strong background in molecular and cellular neuroscience to join the Sadri-Vakili Neuroepigenetics Laboratory in the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Our laboratory is focused the underlying molecular mechanisms that cause neurological and psychiatric disorders. In addition, we test the therapeutic potential of novel compounds for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease. We employ numerous techniques from assessing animal behavior to analyzing specific epigenetic modifications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Skilled at rodent husbandry, handling, genotyping, and behavioral tests
• Maintaining cell lines
• Specimen and sample preparation
• Designing and performing experiments in order to produce reliable and precise data
• Familiarity with or expertise in immunohistochemistry, immunoblotting, and microscopy
• Familiarity with or expertise in RT-qPCR, ChIP, and FISH
• Capable to Design and execute experiments
• Prepare and present findings for conferences
• Draft material for the preparation of manuscripts, grants, and presentations
· Ability to work independently
· Willingness to work well with other lab members
· Precision and attention to detail
· Ability to resolve technical problems and analytical skills is necessary
· High degree of computer literacy
· Able to quickly learn new skills and apply those skills in a fast-paced research environment
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS
· Must have previous experience in a research lab
· A PhD degree in neuroscience, genetics, epigenetics, or pharmacology
· Expertise with other neurodegenerative disease or addiction is preferred
· Strong publication record preferred
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written skills is necessary
The work will be performed in a basic science laboratory in the CNY campus of MGH.
Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Massachusetts General Hospital
Website : http://www.massgeneral.org/
Since 1811, Massachusetts General Hospital has been committed to delivering standard-setting medical care. Throughout the decades, the hospital has had a consistent commitment to advancing that care through pioneering research and educating future health care professionals.The third oldest general hospital in the United States and the oldest and largest hospital in New England, Mass General continues its tradition of excellence today. Mass General has consistently placed among the top hospitals on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll since the survey began in 1990. In 2015, Mass General was named #1 in the nation based on our quality of care, patient safety and reputation in 16 clinical specialties. In 2013, Mass General was also redesignated a Magnet hospital, the highest honor for nursing excellence awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.