**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. with locations in New Jersey and New York is seeking an experienced academic professional to serve as Provost. Reporting to the President, the Provost serves as the Chief Academic Officer for the College. Working in collaboration with the Associate Provost, the Deans, and the Vice President of Library Services, the Provost promotes academic excellence, integrity, and foresight in the development, delivery, and assessment of academic programs and services, and fosters a supportive, student-centered learning environment.
• Oversees the planning for, development, delivery and assessment of quality-centered, career-oriented academic programs.
• Implements and maintains academic standards and policies that promote academic excellence, student success, and institutional integrity.
• Ensures that existing and planned curricula are current and consistent with industry standards and meet employer needs.
• Maintains full compliance with the standards of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the New York State Department of Education, and the New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education.
• Coordinates maintenance of all program accreditation standards.
• Establishes a strong collaborative partnership with the President.
• Chairs the Academic Affairs Council and plays an active role as a member of the President’s team, the Strategic Planning Committee, the Distance Learning Committee, the Teaching and Learning Technology Committee, and the New Jersey Presidents’ Council Academic Issues Committee.
• Provides direction and support for the Board of Trustees Committee on Academic Affairs and the Long-Range Planning Committee.
• Supports the Deans, Vice President, Library Services, and Department Chairs in efforts to recruit, develop, evaluate, and retain faculty and staff with appropriate academic credentials, relevant professional experience, research interests, and commitment to the College and its mission.
• Works collaboratively with the Deans, Associate Provost, and Vice President of Library Services to energize and provide growth for each of their areas and to develop the operational and capital budgets.
• Provides oversight of all academic budgets.
• Supports and works to build diversity both in the student body and within the faculty and staff.
• Establishes and maintains beneficial relationships with academic leaders in other institutions of higher education, professional associations, government offices, businesses, and community agencies.
• Meets on a regular basis with the Deans, Associate Provost, Vice President of Library Services, and Faculty Senate President as well as with faculty and student leaders to promote communication among constituents and to ensure broad participation in governance.
• Assesses performance for all direct reports, which includes: Associate Provost; Dean, Online; all School Deans; Dean, Strategic Initiatives; Dean, Center for Academic Success; and Vice President, Library Services.
• Represents the President in his absence.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks an enthusiastic, student-focused, and experienced college administrator who:
• Is committed to the mission, values, and goals of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.;
• Holds an earned doctorate and has served in positions such as: Department Chair, Dean, Provost, or Vice President for Academic Affairs, of a regionally accredited institution;
• Is a proven leader and has exceptional leadership skills;
• Has integrity and sound judgement;
• Has excellent organizational and implementation skills;
• Has achieved success in creating and in the implementation of a coherent academic vision;
• Is an excellent communicator and has a collegial style that encourages appropriate participation among administrators, faculty, and students in institutional governance;
• Is a problem solver who can anticipate future academic opportunities and needs;
• Possesses the ability to create and manage effective teams;
• Possesses the ability to translate organizational imperatives by creating consensus;
• Possesses significant experience in higher education administration, including experience with academic program development, online academic programs, graduate programs, strategic planning, technology, and personnel administration;
• Has experience working with diverse populations;
• Has experience creating and managing academic budgets;
• Has strategic and tactical planning abilities; and
• Has an understanding of broader higher education policy issues and experience with regional and programmatic accreditation.
Familiarity with New York and New Jersey program approval policies and procedures is a plus.
For best consideration, submit your application, using the link below, by September 28, 2018. Your complete application should include the following items in PDF format: 1) a cover letter that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications listed above; 2) a current resume or curriculum vitae; and 3) the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
****We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who actively supports equal access for all people, and we consider applicants for all positions regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, Gender, Age, National Origin, Marital or Veteran Status, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other legally protected status.