University of Arkansas
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will be responsible for the following duties:
* Conducting in-depth interviews across the US
* Analyze quantitative and qualitative data
* Dissemination of findings via peer-reviewed publication and presentation at conferences
* Preparation of reports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* Ph.D. in public health, sociology, psychology, or a social-science related discipline conferred by the start of employment
* Experience with data management and analysis
* Experience managing research projects
* Proficient in English and Spanish
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Demonstrated knowledge of mixed research methodology
* Demonstrated knowledge of qualitative methodology including conducting interviews and analyzing data
* Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative analysis including psychometric and working with complex survey weights
* Demonstrated successful dissemination of scholarship
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Excellent organizational skills
* Communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to run advanced analysis and disseminate findings
* Ability to assist graduate and undergraduate students with ongoing projects
* Ability to work independently and follow protocols
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule may vary based on department needs with some evenings and weekends)
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Building
Commensurate with experience
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Criminal background check
* Sex offender registry check
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
University of Arkansas
Website : http://www.uark.edu
The University of Arkansas boasts a tradition unique among the nation's universities: Senior Walk, consisting of more than three miles of sidewalks crisscrossing campus that are engraved with the names of more than 150,000 graduates, dating back nearly 140 years. It’s concrete proof of the university’s commitment to our students. That 'students-first' philosophy is a big reason why the U of A is consistently ranked among the nation's top public research universities and best values. We work hard to ensure a low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes plenty of personal attention and mentoring opportunities. The Carnegie Foundation classifies the university as having "the highest possible level of research," placing us among the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.