See more jobs like this
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 10212
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellowship | Genetics, Epigenetic Regulation
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Positions of two postdoctoral scientists are open now in the Chen laboratory (). Our group is interested in discovering novel genetic and epigenetic regulations and deciphering their underlying molecular mechanisms in normal developmental processes (eg, hematopoiesis) and tumorigenesis (eg, leukemogenesis). We cover research areas with relevance to Hematology, Immunology, and Cancer Biology, with an emphasis on RNA epigenetics (mainly focusing on the N 6 methyladenosine (m6A) modification) and DNA epigenetics (mainly focusing on the TET1/2/3-mediated DNA demethylation) associated basic and translational research. Our research involves experiments with primary human cancer cells, cancer and stem cell transplantation models, mouse genetics, classic molecular, biochemistry and cell biology, functional genomics, signal transduction, and large-scale data analysis and computational biology.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
The candidates for the Postdoctoral scientist positions should have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree(s), and a solid background in biochemistry, mouse model studies, hematology, epigenetics, immunology, pathology, and/or stem cell research is preferred for. The candidates should not have more than three years of postdoc training experience. The candidates should be highly motivated individuals with the ability to work in a team environment and with good oral and written communication skills in English.
Please apply to this job posting. Additionally, your application, including CV, brief motivation statement, and contact information of three scientific mentors (references), should be saved as a single PDF. The PDF file can be sent to Dr. Jianjun Chen () directly.
Examples of recent work:
* Jiang X, Huang H, Li Z ( ) & Chen J. Blockade of miR-150 maturation by MLL-fusion/MYC/LIN-28 is required for MLL-associated leukemia. Cancer Cell . 22: 524-535. (2012)
* Li Z, Herold T, He C ( ) & Chen J. Identification of a 24-Gene Prognostic Signature That Improves the European LeukemiaNet Risk Classification of Acute Myeloid Leukemia: An International Collaborative Study of 1,324 Patients. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 31(9):1172-81. (2013)
* Jiang X, Hu C, Arnovitz S ( ) & Chen J. miR-22 has a potent anti-tumor role with therapeutic potential in acute myeloid leukemia. Nature Communications . 7:11452. (2016)
* Li Z, Weng H, Su R, ( ) & Chen J. FTO Plays an Oncogenic Role in Acute Myeloid Leukemia as a N6-Methyladenosine RNA Demethylase. Cancer Cell . 31(1):127-141. (2017)
* Jiang X, Hu C, Ferchen K ( ) & Chen J. Targeted inhibition of STAT/TET1 axis as a therapeutic strategy for acute myeloid leukemia . Nature Communications. 8:2099. (2017)
* Su R, Dong L, Li C ( ) & Chen J. R-2HG exhibits anti-tumor activity by targeting FTO/m6A/MYC/CEBPA signaling. Cell . December 14, 2017 Epub. (2018)
* Weng H, Huang H, Wu H ( ) & Chen J. METTL14 Inhibits Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Differentiation and Promotes Leukemogenesis via mRNA m6A Modification. Cell Stem Cell . December 28, 2017 Epub. (2018)
* Huang H, Weng H, Sun W, ( ) & Chen J. Recognition of RNA N 6-methyadenosine by IGF2BP proteins Enhances mRNA Stability and Translation. Nature Cell Biology . In Press. (2018)
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Duarte, California, United States of America
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
8/9/2018 7:42:35 AM